Frequently Asked Questions


Are homeowners allowed to attend regular board meetings?

  Yes, all Association members are welcomed and encouraged to attend regular board meetings. Routine Association business is openly conducted during these meetings so owners get a "behind the scenes" look at the work and/or decision making that regularly takes place on their behalf. Signs are posted in advance of each board meeting.

Do I have to get permission to paint or make an exterior change to my property?

  In the event any owner wishes to install a satellite dish, gutters, retractable screen front doors, hurricane shutters, exterior lighting or or install a landscape border, an ARC form must be filled out and submitted to the Towns at Lakeside Association for approval by the Architectural Committee of Towns at Lakeside. Absolutely no other exterior changes to a unit are permitted. Please refer to the Association documents for further information. The Towns at Lakeside Architectural Review Committee shall either approve or deny the application and will then forward the application on your behalf to the Master Association for their approval. A copy of the approved or denied application will be returned to the owner. ARC forms may be obtained from SunVast Management Services, Inc. 381 Interstate Boulevard, Sarasota, FL 34240, or you may download it from this site underneath DOCUMENTS.

Do I have to pay my annual assessment?

  Yes, the annual assessment is mandatory. As a lot owner you are bound by the Declaration to pay an annual assessment amount as determined by the Association. The assessment amount is the same per lot for each lot within the community. The annual assessment notice is sent via regular mail to the owner of record for each lot in accordance with community documents and Florida Statutes. The Associations remedies for non-payment can be found in the Declaration mentioned above. Late notices are not required, so the board will send them at their own discretion.


What do I do if I notice a violation within the subdivision?

  First, you should review the documents to determine if a violation has indeed occurred. Second, you should contact management to make them aware of the violation. If the violation is readily observable, management will verify the accuracy of the complaint and take appropriate action. If the violation is not observable, the Association may require you to submit a signed complaint form detailing the violation. Following receipt of the signed complaint form, management will seek to have the violation remedied.